We held a happy hour at Frisco Tap House the other day because, well, we care about our employees and want them to know how thankful we are for all that they do. At that happy hour, we gave out some pretty cool customized FCG LEGO sets as a token of our appreciation. That got us to thinking, “Is working at FCG really like building a LEGO set?” We think it is. Here’s why:
- We just fit. We love our Freedom family, and truly believe that we’re meant to work together. We fit like…well, LEGO pieces. Every person, every skill, every role just seems to snap together like it was meant to be.
- We’re always evolving. LEGOs come with an instruction manual, but they can be constructed into whatever the builder wants them to be. Here at FCG, we have certain capabilities and expertises listed on our website – but at the end of the day, we’re here to serve our clients and are constantly adjusting and pivoting to meet their every need. Because that’s what we do. Some would even call us Master Builders.
- We go together – but we’re all unique. Although we all seem to just fit together, everyone at FCG is different – a different skillset, a different personality, and different ways of approaching the same challenge. That’s what makes us good at what we do and why we love doing it.
- We make work fun. Is it a lot of work to build a LEGO set? It can be. Especially if you’re building this. But what makes LEGOs so great is that they’re the perfect blend of work and fun and when you’re done, something amazing is created. Here at FCG, we think we have a pretty great blend of work and fun, and can still get things done (this is true because it rhymes).
- Fun for all ages. Although most LEGO boxes say “recommended for ages 6-18,” we all know that everyone loves playing/collecting/building with LEGOs no matter what their age. Whether it’s a group of interns, a father/son team, or some well-tenured senior staff, FCG is a fantastic blend of all ages. When we link arms (or pieces, that is) and work together as one – one workforce, one community, one family – we transform into a masterpiece.
If you’re a part of the Freedom team, we’d love to hear your thoughts on how working at FCG is like building a LEGO set. If not, why don’t you join us and become a Master Builder.